1) Name of the post: Principal (one post) Pay scale- 37400-67000, AGP 10000
Essential Qualifications:1) consistently good academic record with atleast or high IInd class (55% or above marks or its equivalent grade of ‘B’ in seven point scale with letter grades O, A, B, C, D, E, And F) in Acharaya or M.A (Skt) or an equivalent oriental degree from a Recognized Examining Body.
(2) Research Degree in Sanskrit of a Recognized University or Examining Body.
(3) Ability to Teach Through The Medium of Sanskrit.
(4) He/She should have made some mark in the areas of scholarships as evidenced by quality or publications contributions to educational innovation design of new course and curricula.
(5) Associate Professor/Professor with a total experience of 15 years of a teaching/research/administration in universities, colleges and other institutions of higher education.
(6) A minimum score as stipulated in the academic performance indicator (API) based performance based Appraisal system (PBAS), As required for direct requirement of professors in colleges
(7) A Ph.D degree is concerned/ allied/relevant discipline the institution concerned with evidence of published work and research guidance.
Desirables:(1) Published research work of outstanding value (2) Knowledge of textual criticism and manuscriptology.
(3) Ability to guide research students.